Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 4, 2008

The date is set! We're bringing Daniel home!

Today, we received the "pink slip" from the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City that tells us when to come pick up our boy! We leave next week - I have to book a flight. Danny will be brought to us next Thursday - Valentines Day, how appropriate! We have our Embassy appointment on Friday, Feb. 15. We show them a bunch of paperwork, have an interview, yadda yadda. Then Daniel's visa will be ready for pick-up the following Tuesday afternoon (Feb. 19). The 18th is a holiday, hence the wait till Tuesday. Then we can come home on Wednesday, Feb. 20 - WITH DANIEL!

I'm so excited I can't even think of anything cute or witty to say! Just, "YIPPEE!!!"

3 comments:

Christina said...

Awwww what a fitting day for your forever gotcha day. Congrats and have a safe trip.

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting...Danny is finally coming home!!! Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! You guys will be the best parents ever!!! Love, love, love to you all!!

Kelly, Charley, Andy and Honah Thompson