Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 15, 2008

Daniel loves his dad so much...

...he started saying "dada" today! He's was saying "mama" when we were here last month, but this afternoon he said "dada" for the first time. How awesome to be able to witness a "first"!

It's amazing how much he's changed in the 5 weeks since we were here last. He used to HATE being put on his tummy, and had pretty much no upper body strength. Now, he is happy to be on his tummy, and can hold himself up for quite awhile. He sees other babies crawling, and he tries, but he's not quite there yet. I predict he will be crawling within a couple of weeks.

Tonight, we took a bath and Danny started splashing like crazy and laughing his little head off. We brought some Pampers "Little Swimmers" diapers with us, so tomorrow we're taking him into the pool. BTW, Melanie's stepfather Bruce works for a pool safety fence company, and he came on Wednesday and installed our pool fence before we left for the airport.

I'll try to post some more in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I am sooooooo happy you have your little man and he doing so well. Have fun in Antigua! I LOVE it down there and miss it!

Mary Ann > aka Sara Ava n Lilee's Mama

Unknown said...

We are all so happy for you. Love the pics of Daniel with you guys.

Come home soon!

Marc