Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Danny is officially a Goldberg!

Just got the news - Daniel's birthmother signed off for the final (4th) time, and his amended birth certificate with our last name was issued yesterday. His Guatemalan passport with our last name was issued today. (As a side note, I'm glad I have a copy of his original birth certificate to show him when he's older. I've always been sad that I have never seen mine.)

What's next, you ask?
1. Second DNA test on Daniel (to make sure he's the same baby who took the first DNA test).
2. U.S. Embassy (USE) emails me the "pink slip" telling us what day we have to take Daniel to the embassy. (I'm not being crass calling it a pink slip; until recently, they mailed hard copies, which were on pink paper.)
3. We go to Guatemala...Take Danny to USE for a few fun-filled hours of waiting around, showing people copies of all our paperwork, and of course paying more money.
4. Go back to USE the next day to pick up Danny's visa so he can enter the U.S.
5. GET ON A FREAKIN' AIRPLANE AND BRING OUR SON HOME!!!!!!!

Based on recent timelines (yes, someone keeps a database so we can all share when we get to each point in the process so we can compare), we may have Danny home even a little earlier than expected! Probably in 4 or 5 weeks!

6 comments:

Guatemama said...

Congratulations!! I hope you get more good news soon.
Tracy

Amy said...

That is AWESOME news!!! Danny will be home forever soooo soon! Congratulations!
Amy (Brayden and Malayna's mom)

Saagulik said...

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!
I am so excite for you guys! The end of this is near and your little one will be HOME soon...is YOUR home, in HIS room and sleeping in HIS bed!

((((HUGS))))
Amy

Mary Ann said...

Great news!!!!!!!! It shouldn't be long now!!!

I am tagging you!!
Go to my blog for more info.
http://theshrumfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/

MaryAnn

Amy said...

You've been tagged...visit my blog for details.

www.amylynn3-thegoldsteins.blogspot.com