We received the doctor's report from Daniel's November appointment (he goes to the doctor once a month). As of Nov. 12, my little peanut's stats were 26.7 inches, 14 1/2 pounds. He had a cold when we visited him in October, and it sounds like that turned into an ear infection. Since he didn't feel good, he lost his appetite, and he lost a few ounces from the previous month. Now Guatemalan people in general are a lot smaller than the average American; I feel positively Amazonian when I'm standing in line at the GC airport! Even so, on our last trip Danny's foster mother told me the doctor had switched him to a different formula to try to put some more weight on him. He doesn't look skinny, but he is long and narrow. His head circumference is average for Guatemalan boy babies, according to a growth chart that actually measures that.
We're waiting for the Guatemalan Congress to vote next week on the Adoption Law. Hopefully they will have a quorum and will be able to vote, since a whole slew of these guys are leaving office in a month. We hope to get clarity on what will happen to pipleline cases like ours a) if they pass the law, and b) if they don't pass it.
Eric and I want to visit Daniel in early January. Because my job gets crazy-busy starting in mid-January through at least mid-March, this is our only opportunity to visit our little guy again for awhile. Our agency is willing to set up tentative dates with the attorney, but doesn't want us to buy plane tickets until a law is passed that grandfathers our case in. So I really hope they pass this law next week (even though I think it's a poorly-written law), or we won't be allowed another visit trip.
I wish we were planning a pick-up trip instead of just another visit trip! We miss Danny terribly. It's been tough celebrating Hanukkah without him here, although we put his picture on the table when we light the candles. We had been so sure we'd have him home by now...Oh well, as Eric reminds me, we can stand to wait longer as long as we eventually bring him home, period. And I feel very sure that we will. But as you are probably painfully aware, I am NOT a patient person!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment