Well, THAT was a fast six months! Time flies, and I went back to work last week. We had been taking Danny to Sara's Pitzponim Daycare (which we tell him is "school") periodically to play, and the week before I returned to work I was leaving him at Sara's for an hour or two at a time. He started full-time last week, and is doing GREAT! He cries a little when Eric drops him off, but that doesn't last long. When I pick him up, he's always playing or having a snack with the other kids. I had been worried that he wouldn't nap there, but he did from Day One. (One of the caregivers sang to him in Spanish the first day to help him fall asleep, which I thought was very sweet!) They speak to Daniel in English, but all the activities are done in both English and Hebrew. And the one lady speaks to Danny in Spanish, because I'd like him to continue hearing it. They swear he remembers it, and that he listens and understands everything they say to him in whatever language they're speaking. I wouldn't doubt it; he clearly understands everything Eric and I say to him. Some of the activities at "school" are a guy who comes weekly to sing and play music, a lady who brings a different animal each week (last week was a chameleon, the week before was a Silky Chicken), and a woman who does exercises/gymnastics with the kids. And they do crafts, bake, and generally play a lot. I want to go there!
We do miss our wonderful "mother's helper" Kai, who was here every day for 4 weeks while I recovered from surgery. She was so great with Danny, and they got really attached to each other. I got attached to her, too! We'll have to have her come babysit one weekend before she goes back to school.
After one day at Sara's, Danny decided that crawling was "so July," and now he walks almost all the time. He can really get going, too! He has added a few signs to his repetoire, including "banana" and "cat." Last night, we were reading a Barney book, and there was a picture of Barney sleeping. Daniel pointed at Barney and made the sign for sleep! Verbally, his latest effort is saying "woof woof" whenever he sees a dog. He has also figured out that nodding his head up and down means "yes," as opposed to just shaking his head violently in a goofy way to make me laugh.
That's the latest and greatest for now...Here are some pics...







1 comment:
I am sorry you had to go back to work! But it sounds like he is adjusting just fine! I am sure he likes playing with all the kids too! The daycare/ school sounds great!
Post a Comment