Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

Daniel is a WALKER!

I know, I know, I haven't updated this blog in over a month. But hey, I had surgery a month ago, and haven't been on the computer much. This will likely be a fairly short entry, but at least I can post a few new pics.

As the title says, Daniel is now walking! He's been cruising the furniture for awhile, practicing standing without holding onto things, and finger-walking. He took his first unassisted steps a couple weeks ago, and has managed a few steps alone. But today, he put it all together and started toddling across his bedroom...then the kitchen...then the den. I have witnesses!

Danny is also getting lots of teeth. He's getting the last of his baby teeth in now (except his 2-year-old molars). He's eating like a horse and growing upward, but not around the middle. He's a beanpole! He had his 15-month checkup a couple weeks ago, and the doctor says he's healthy and doing great.

The doctor mentioned "You may notice that Daniel likes one food today, and won't eat it tomorrow," and we replied that we were indeed experiencing that. Remember how Danny used to eat an entire avacado at a time? Now he won't touch them. He also went through an anti-blueberry stage, but is back into them. Ditto with provolone cheese. And after many unsuccessful past attempts, tonight Daniel decided he likes...no, LOVES...broccoli! Go figure. His favorite foods are currently canned salmon and tuna, pears, and Cheerios.

Daniel has been spending a lot of time with his grandparents, and loving it! Jeanie and Bernie have been helping us tremendously while I recover. Daniel and Carol came to play, bearing meatloaf (for me) and mac -n- cheese (for Eric). We saw Steve and Rho over Father's Day, and Steve has been able to stop by a couple times when he's in town. And Larry and Karen came down for a few days to visit, play with Danny, and help me. We've also been lucky enough to find a terrific "mother's helper" for a few weeks, a college student named Kai. She's been invaluable, and Daniel just loves her. She's going to help me transition him to daycare next week. We'll miss Kai when she goes back to college next month!



Playing Grandpa D's bongos - What a musician!


What a cutie!


Danny loves the camera


With Dad and Grandma Rho on Father's Day


With Mommy and Aunt Stefanie on Father's Day


Drinking his last bottle. Now it's sippy cups all the way!


Hanging out with Grandpa Bernie


In the pool with Daddy


Swimming with Grandma Jeanie and Grandpa Bernie

No comments: