Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gymboree and other exciting things

Today, Daniel and I joined a Gymboree Music "class" for 10- to 16-month-olds. There were 7 babies and their parents there, including us (and one lone, brave Dad with his son). Danny was pretty shy and clingy and had to stay on my lap the whole time, but that's OK, we had fun anyway. It's basically singing songs, doing little dances (the parents dance, the kids just hold on for the ride), and playing rhythm games. Daniel did like it when we did a dance that included my dipping him upside-down. He's really into going upside-down right now! He also did some maraca-shaking when we got to choose percussion instruments to play. The teacher and a couple other parents said it takes about 3 sessions for the babies to get comfortable and let loose, so we signed up for 13 weeks. I think it will be good for him to get used to playing with other little kids while he still has me right there. Plus, I had fun!

In other news, my best friend Patti came to visit from CO one day last week. It was her first time meeting Danny, and he took to her right away. I think it's because she gave him her cell phone; he's a sucker for anyone who lets him play with their phone! Or maybe he understood that she was the one who sent him a Glowworm toy for his birthday, which he loves. Or maybe he just agrees with me that Patti is loveable!

Another "big hit" birthday present was the musical basketball hoop his Aunt Stefanie and Uncle Sam brought him. It involves his favorite things: music and balls. He's a pretty good dunker, too. I see a Lakers uniform in his future! (But hey, no pressure...)







1 comment:

Amy said...

Danny is getting so big and such a cutie! The Gymboree class sounds like lots of fun.