Hi, family and friends! It's been about 16 months since we decided to adopt and started our research, and 5 months since we received the referral of our darling boy Daniel. Thank you all for your support, and for being excited about having Daniel join our family!
I started this blog to keep everyone up-to-date on the progress of our adoption. We are asked at least a couple of times a day, "What's going on with the adoption? When are you bringing Daniel home?" So it seemed it would be easier to give everyone a place to go to check for news. If we learn anything new, we will post it here. We are really hoping we'll have Daniel home by Hanukkah, or at least by the end of this year. But we won't actually know when we're bringing him home until the last minute; we will have anywhere from a couple of days to 2 weeks' notice.
I've also put some links to websites that have information on adoption in general, and Guatemalan adoptions in particular. I go to Guatadopt.com every day to check for the latest news (there is a lot of political stuff going on, and changes that threaten to stop Guatemalan adoptions altogether). And I participate in an online forum at Adoptions.com. I've gotten so much information there, and it's a very supportive group.
Of course, I'll post new photos now and then. You've probably noticed that I'm not shy about sharing pictures of Danny! See the "blog archive" on the left-hand side for links to photos.
So please bookmark this page, and check in with us whenever you feel like it. We know that Daniel will be coming home to a very loving family who are excited to meet him!
Love,
Jennifer (Jenni)
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! I am going to be an Uncle!
I better clean up my apartment, and Jennifer, just know that upon his arrival to my home on football sundays, I will institute a "no cussing zone" so he does not pick up bad habits.
I am beyond thrilled for both of you!
(the other) eric :)
P.S. Happy B-day Eric. You now share your b-day with your blog.
Daniel is a doll! Good luck with the rest of your process!
Hugs,
Lisa & Sophia
http://our-journey-for-sophia.blogspot.com/
Have fun! Blogging saved my sanity during the process!
Post a Comment